Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newtendo W/ On-Screen Interface

From: Jeff Sheldon (jeff_at_jurai.net)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 15:25:37 PST

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:01:41PM +0100, Robert Benschop wrote:
> Now for the questions: what is the Mac OS package supposed to do (apart
> from showing an ancient OS? ;-) and what should I do to get Donkey Kong
> to move:?

Isn't the Nintendo based on a Motorola 6502 processor? It would be pretty
sweet to have an Apple ][ emulator on the Newton.

As far as Newton/Nintendo joystick support, a serial-based Gravis gamepad
for the Mac would just need a software solution to work with the 2x00's
equipped with dongle. Have it send customizable keyboard commands and
have Newtendo pick up the arrow keys with a few special action keys and
we're set--keyboard & joystick support.

Anyone know what happened to the MAME project or the alleged PalmPilot
emulation attempt? I'm still surprised that the GameBoy wasn't the first
porting attempt.

-Jeff

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html