Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sun Feb 08 2004 - 12:00:37 PST

Anil

Don't get me wrong, my earlier point about Ghost Recon and other games
causing me to upgrade was not a criticism. You're right on the face of it,
PC games don't make economic sense against PS2 or Xbox type prices. But the
graphics are better on a PC, it doesn't tie up the family TV, a keyboard and
mouse is easier (for me anyway) than trying to work out how to get
coordinated with one of those two-handled controllers. None of my friend's
kids will challenge me on a PC but they chortle with laughter as they fill
me with lead while I fumble away on an Xbox [uggghhhh...].

Cheers

Tony
Christchurch
New Zealand

[snip]
If you want to play Halo, the really simple solution is to buy an Xbox,
that's what it is designed for, and the cost is now £119 from Amazon
delivered to a UK address, not quite sure about Poland. About what a
really half decent video card for a Mac would cost.

As for the latest version of Safari, the feature parity is the same
except for one thing for most users. You can now resume downloads if
you cancel them or if, heaven forbid Safari crashes. So there is no
real need to upgrade from Jaguar to Panther, but if you want some of
the new features, features that have cost R&D dollars, several million
in fact then you gotta pay right?

[snip]

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html