Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Larry Zasitko (l.zasitko_at_sasktel.net)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 08:29:35 PST

No there are no processor upgrades or accelerators for the Clamshell
iBooks. I have seen sites that do show how to overclock them which
looks pretty simple to do (if you can solder on a logic board) but you
have to take it all apart. Hard drive also entails a fair amount of
disassembly but people do it, and there are a couple companies that
will also replace it for you. Other then that there are no other
upgrades outside of memory (adding 512meg) or airport. You can add a
external hard drive (usb) or burner but early Clamshells do not have a
video that supports dvd.

On Tuesday, February 10, 2004, at 04:51 AM, Patrick Jendraszak wrote:

> My wife still uses hers every day, but it's getting harder and harder
> to load the new OS on it because of extremely limited hard drive space
> (3 gb). I researched possible upgrades for her. Other than upgrading
> memory (easily done) and the hard drive (which, I understand, is a
> pretty difficult task), the original iBook can't be upgraded as far as
> I know.
>
> Patrick Jendraszak
> Indianapolis, IN
>
> On Feb 9, 2004, at 9:54 PM, gooddog_at_interlync.com wrote:
>
>> Is there such a thing as a processor upgrade for an original Blueberry
>> iBook?

Larry Zasitko
Newton OMP, 110, 120, 2100, eMate
iMac, iBook, various Amiga's and PC's