[NTLK] PCMCIA slot not working

From: Rodney Rothstein (rothstein_at_cancercenter.columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 20:52:35 PST

Help! My left PCMCIA slot suddenly stopped working. This is the slot
in which my Farallon Ethernet card sits. Today when trying to transfer
data via NCU, I got no green light on the Farallon adapter. In
addition, if I put a flash memory card in this slot, it is not
recognized (no message appears saying that a card has been inserted).
I know that the Farallon card is good as it lights up when I place it
in the other slot (the "right" slot in landscape). I am removing the
card and the batteries and letting the unit sit overnight. Any other
ideas!

Regards,
Rodney Rothstein
MP120 user since January 19, 1996; MP2000/1 user since April 3, 1997

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html