[NTLK] Have SER001, will travel... maybe as far as Germany

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 07:08:22 PST

I just got my brand-spankin' new SER001, but before I crack open the 2100 I
want to see if anyone was willing to shed some light on my screen issue. If
the screen is an issue then it might be time for an expensive bottle of
single malt, a trip to Germany (at least the MP 2100) to see Frank for an
overhaul. And what ever fee as well...

The screen has some dead-spots, well mostly dead. If I start in the
dead-spot, it won't register - sometimes it will if I press worry fully
hard. On the other hand, if I have started in a good spot and then make my
way across the mostly dead-spot, it works just fine...

I'm not sure what to make of this other than it's annoying. My MP 130's
screen is flawless and takes only intentional thoughts to register perfect
text.

So, is there a simple task to correct this or does it need to be swapped for
new? Are there even "new" to be swapped with?

All insight will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html