Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Joost van de Griek (joost_at_jvdg.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 15:08:36 PST

On 2004-02-10 22:12, Jon Glass wrote:

> on 2/10/04 4:40 AM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net wrote:
>
>> Don't know if they were the first, but the first laptops I've seen with
>> daughtercards were the first generation of PowerBook G3, code name
>> "Wallstreet"...
>
> According to the Feb. MacAddict, the PDQ could take a daughter card...

PDQ was the second generation of the PowerBook G3 Series, also known as
"Wallstreet II".

> Oh, and my 1400 could take a video card, and they all have PC card slots, but
> those don't count, do they? ;-)

No, they don't. However, PowerBook 1400's had CPUs on removable daughter
cards. They were among the first PowerBooks that were G3-upgradeable (along
with the PowerBook 2400).

The 500 series PowerBooks also had upgradeable (daughter card) CPUs, and
were upgradeable from their original 25/33 MHz 68LC040's to 100 MHz
PPC603e's.

Oldest PowerBook I have with a removable CPU card is my PowerBook 100 (16
MHz 68HC000), but I have never seen a CPU upgrade for it.

,xtG
.tsooJ

--
 /~\   The ASCII Ribbon Campaign: