[NTLK] Plugit in plugit in, and newtendo leglity

From: Eagan Rackley (eagix_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 18:11:04 PST

If you're worried about the legality of the roms, never fear! There are
free non-commercial homebrews available. I was just going to take all
of the commercial roms down on Monday, and put up free ones that are
actually games (provided I get them working:). Someone else will house
the commercial roms for those of us, "Who own the software."

As far as legal trouble, I think the risk for you would be minimal. It
would be larger for me having them on the site. Which is why I'm taking
them down. However, I think the shareware idea is right. If you're
really going to use the software, then definately pay for it. Honestly
though, I don't think those developers will get any money from your
buying a used copy. You would just have peace of mind knowing you were
legit :)

Anyway, it's more a question of moral fiber. I don't think hunting down
rom users is a big priority to companies right now. It's too pervasive
with this old unsupported software. It's practically abandonware. I
would, of course, retract that if any company showed an interest.

Warmest,

Eagan
Newtendo Home:
http://home.earthlink.net/~eagix/