Re: [NTLK] 3Com ethernet cards

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 22:04:28 PST

on 14/02/04 12:41 AM, John Osborne at tooz_at_oceanatlas.com wrote:

> This getting connected thing IS very annoying.
    I read back on this thread a bit and it seems you've got a hub. The
lights on the card/dongle and hub will light for a few seconds when the card
is inserted, then go out.
    If you're connecting to a computer, make sure it is running a program
that the Newton can see (NCU for example). Then try to dock from the Newt.
    Or, if you're connecting to the Internet, make sure you have the correct
settings for that. I use a hub and a router so my Newt is set to connect
using DHCP Server.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html