Re: [NTLK] 3Com ethernet cards

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 10:03:48 PST

on 14/02/04 10:50 AM, John Osborne at tooz_at_oceanatlas.com wrote:
> Occasionally, I have seen a light flash on the hub but never on the
> card or RJ-45 Dongle--it has lights?
    I use a Farallon card (same as the 3Com just a different ROM) and the
dongle has a light.

    To connect to your Mac.
    On the Newton:
    1. In preferences --> AppleTalk select Connect using EtherTalk and Card
(your card)

    On the Mac:
    In the AppleTalk control panel select your ethernet type.

    In NCU select AppleTalk and leave all of the other boxes unchecked
otherwise it'll look for AppleTalk on the modem or printer port.

    Start NCU on the Mac.
    Start dock on the Newton and choose connect via AppleTalk then select
connect to other computer. It should then start searching your network.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html