[NTLK] Possible Solution to Stylus Input Problem

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 05:46:18 PST

Hello Everyone:

My girlfriend has been having problems with her MP 2000-2100. Specifically,
the screen did not seem to respond accurately to stylus input. We read and
tried different recommendations on the Internet, such as cleaning the dust from
the screen edges with the corner edge of a very thin piece of plastic.

I found my old MP 2000 manual and took a look at the procedures for
performing resets. We performed a hardware reset and a system reset. She went back
into the Setup menu, and as she practiced handwriting words for recognition, I
noticed that there seemed to be a large blotch that formed around her writing.
Hmm...

I then remembered that there was an option in the Styles program (an
enhancement for the Notes program) that allowed one to change the size of the stylus'
pen tip.
I went into the Styles program and changed her stylus pen tip to a smaller
size.
That seemed to clear up the problem with the blotchy handwriting. It also
seemed to give her better overall stylus pen input. I have a theory that the
Styles menu option for the stylus tip carried over beyond the Notes program, to
affect other programs, including normal menu input. That is, when it appears
that one is placing the stylus tip over an "X" to close a program, the screen
reads the stylus placement differently.

There are other problems that could contribute to incorrect stylus input,
such as a loose casing and leaning one's hand on the screen while writing.
However, I think the stylus pen tip size setting in the Styles program is something
worth considering.

Matt K.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html