[NTLK] Is Beaming to Other Devices Possible?

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 06:02:55 PST

Hello Everyone:

I would like to know if it is possible to beam to non-Newton devices, such as
Pocket PCs. I attempted such a science experiment. My Pocket PC gave a
message that said something to the effect that a Newton device was detected.
However, that is as far as I got. My question is, since the Pocket PC is smart
enough to recognize a Newton on the other end of a beam, why can't it READ the
beam? I have heard that somebody created program(s) that allow beaming between
a Newton and Palm devices, but has anybody created such a program for the
Pocket PC? It seems like it could be done, at least in theory. Also, could my
Newton communicate by beam with my older IBM Thinkpad 600X? It has an IrDA
lens. Thank you.

Matt K.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html