Re: [NTLK] can't delete bad pkg

From: TerryFischer_at_BoiseBuilding.com
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 09:48:28 PST

Hmm, I thought I re-sent this question, but I saw no replies after 4 or 5 digests, so here it is again in hopes someone can help!
-fish

Subject: Re: [NTLK] can't delete bad pkg

-> I have a MP2100, with many Newtonbooks on a 32 meg card. This morning, I
-> went to delete a book pkg and my Newton froze. I hit the reset button,
-> internal pkgs loaded, then pkgs on the 32 meg card started to load,
then it
-> hung.. right where the book was i wanted to delete. I restarted with
-> extensions off in order to delete the offending pkg. (This pkg does not
-> appear in list view, but there is a blank line instead) it does appear in
-> icon view, with a big X over it like all the other non-activated pkgs. on
-> that card. When I try to delete it by scrubbing out, i get the usual
dialog
-> 'do you want to delete...' and i say yes of course. then Nothing happens.
-> When I select the pkg icon, and then select Delete from the routing
menu.. i
-> get a (-10011) error. Is there another way I can delete this pkg and
get my
-> Newt back?

First things first, is the card a Compact Flash using Paul's ATA
Support?
>>> Nope, it's a linear card I've used for years
$.02

-Nate
-fish

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html