[NTLK] My recently working eMate

From: Xeba_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 11:09:20 PST

Hello everyone,

     I am a new suscriber to this listing, and I am glad to see that Newton
hasn't yet died in popularity.
      I bought an eMate 300 quite a while ago, and just recently have I found
someone to repair a faulty power intake (found him at Indiana University
where I go to school). I am a journalism student, and would like to use my emate
to write stories on the fly. HOwever, I have to way to import that to my
computer. I used to have an Bondi iMac with an IRDA port, and I had a hack to beam
the text from the eMate to the iMac, but I no longer have that computer. I have
a clamshell iBook now, running OSX. Does anyone know of a way to connect an
eMate to an iBook? I have absolutely no clue.

       Also, does anyone know of any physical customizations for an eMate? I
wouldn't mind a blue shell, or something like that. Just a thought. Thanks!

                -Andy Welfle
                 Xeba_at_aol.com

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html