Re: [NTLK] What the h...(Wireless:WEP vs NOT) help, please....

From: Berthe M. Willumsen (bmw_at_biobase.dk)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 22:33:01 PST

Alan

We are concentrating on the WEP/not WEP part, right? Since there is
connection when I take WEP off (I have MAC address specified in both
cases, fyi)? My Macs connection to the Airport definetely needs the
password, yes. And I would think that took care for it for Escale.
I can try to take it off.

In Escale Preferences there is a basic- tab and an Advanced-tab.
In Basic-tab I have chosen TCI/IP.
In Advanced tab I have the password for the network (maybe not
needed, maybe a nisunderstanding)
Connection port 3679
and Rendezvous ticked on (I don't know the signigficance of this).
- There also are serial port settings, which are not relevant now,

Since the connection works without WEP, the Newton must be useing the
correct port, right?
Berthe

--
Berthe