Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 08:46:41 PST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:29:22PM -0000, Graham, David wrote:
> > Basilisk II with the Appletalk bridged to the PC's ethernet hardware
> > works. I did this with my laptop all the time until the laptop got a
> > wireless rig that didn't speak Appletalk. (PB5300cs resumed its NCU
> > duties with shares mounted from the the BSD server via netatalk.)
>
> Hehe. You lost me halfway through that first sentence. Time to go
> Googling and mug up on networks...

The doco's a little confusing on that point, but essentially it comes
down to making a small config change that intercepts Appletalk packets
before the main OS sees them and passes them straight into the Basilisk
emulator instead of letting Windows handle them. Then the emulator can
see the packets and handle them on the MacOS layer, so NCU works.

That reminds me, I was going to find Bolo again...

--
15. I will never employ any device with a digital countdown. If I find that
    such a device is absolutely unavoidable, I will set it to activate when