Re: [NTLK] Mail V

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 13:00:00 PST

On Feb 19, 2004, at 12:25 PM, Martin Joseph wrote:
> Actually, just now while writing this I went and deleted all of the
> folders that had been previously created.
>
> This actually allowed me to check my Newted mail!!!!
>
> So this issue must be related to the IMAP folder problem.
>
> I guess I will try to rearrange my IMAP server and see if that helps
> any...
Sorry for creating my own private thread here, but it might help
someone else?

It turns out the problem was totally about the number of folder
existing in In/Out box.

By reducing the number of folder on my imap server (there is still one
which contains 3 other folders), and deleting all existing folders from
In/Out, I am now able to check my IMAP server and my newt is wirelessly
downloading 103 messages as I write this. Pretty speedy too....

I think it would be good if Mail V could keep track of how many total
folders exist and rather then barfing out that cryptic message, maybe
just NOT create any more folders.

As long as there is enough space in the folder list for the inbox,
that generally is the highest priority item...

Just a though,
Marty
PS or maybe I could cut down from my 4 different IMAP servers with a
total of over 50 folders between them?

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html