[NTLK] The keyspan dilemma

From: Robert Wright (rwright730_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 07:54:54 PST

Newbie user! I¹ve been onboard a week only, but have managed a lot so far.
I just want to check my understanding of the connection limits of the
newton. Sorry to use the work Œlimits.¹ and newton in the same sentence :)
I have the keyspan serial adaptor only. No ethernet or wireless card (yet).

I installed the drivers in OSX ONLY. NewtSync and NewTen are working and I
can synchronize my address book, and I am assuming my ical, but I don¹t use
ical.

I do use Entourage. Do you think I would be better served by uninstalling
the OSX keyspan drivers, installing the os 9 drivers in classic and thereby
gain the use of Newtourage, AND the NCU for package and info transfer? I
would like to share rtf documents.

To summarize, at this point, it is a choice between X and Classic, vis a vis
Keyspan, and Classic has more functionality?

Tia, and I have been enjoying the reading these last two weeks. Seems a lot
of you are in and around Œhogtown¹. I grew up in Ajax (what a name!) but
currently reside in Brooklyn.

Robert Wright
Tipowerbook 10.3, mp2100

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html