Re: [NTLK] two questions

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 18:43:41 PST

On Feb 20, 2004, at 6:41 PM, Roman Pixell wrote:

> On 21 feb 2004, at 03.25, Martin Joseph wrote:
>
>>> But when i tried to install packages the newt said they were all
>>> damaged...
>>> i tried many of the packages on my computer that i know work and
>>> still
>>> nothing.
>> WHo said the packages were damaged? Escale? Or the Newton? Are you
>> sure that is what it said
>
> i have the same problem, havent synced since i upgraded to panther...

That's odd it works for me in 10.3.2?

Are you sure the your aren't double clicking on the packages and
launching the Mac OSX installer? This would see them as bad packages
for sure.

try connecting and then browsing from the Newt.

I put my packages in a folder on the desktop and they appear in newton
easily.

You can also use Apache to serve pkgs to Newtscape...

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html