Re: [NTLK] Baen eBook library

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Sat Feb 21 2004 - 20:42:57 PST

        Baen has been a SF editor for many years: if you haven't heard of him
before this either they don't sell much SF in your part of Indiana or
you haven't noticed "Baen Books" on the spines of any of the books he's
been involved with. And trust me, if M$ *ever* messes with the man,
all the fans of "Silverlock" (which he brought back into print) will
rise with fire and sword in a display that'll make the most rabid of
Mac supporters seem "cranky."

On Saturday, February 21, 2004, at 05:00 PM, Jim Witte wrote:

>> Also don't forget Baen. (http://www.baen.com and
>> http://www.webscriptions.com)
>> [..]] I am currently talking with their librarian, Eric Flint, to try
>> arrange permission to duplicate the Library as NewtonBooks on UNNA.
>
> Good! Now, I wonder why I've never even *heard* of Baen before? I
> wonder, could M$ have something to do with it?
>
> Jim Witte
> jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us
> Indiana University CS

Bruce E. Durocher II