Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge - Should I be worried?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 00:09:54 PST

On 22-feb-04, at 23:15, Woody Smith wrote:
> Does this suggest that the washer does not add any protection?

At least not in this case, the spring broke right below the edge of the
washer, so the washer kept it in place but the force must have been so
suddenly violent (though it didn't feel like that to my father-in-law)
that it broke where it could.
Again, it should have been greased. Grease it well and put the washer
on there and you should be safe.

As a side note because I have been contemplating this: what about
releasing one of the sides of the spring on the other side? Would
release a lot of tension...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html