Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Jared Bland (jrbm689_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 13:12:07 PST

On Feb 23, 2004, at 3:47 PM, Nathan Turnage wrote:

> Panther is only the third revision of what is essentially a brand new
> OS, of course there are going to be teething problems
OSX teething completed in Jaguar. Seems like it has regressed in
Panther.

> but things will
> only get better.
I have no doubt in my ~15 year old mind...

> The Macintosh wasn't really good (OK its was always
> really good, but not really great) until System 7.

If by "great" you mean unprotected memory, no true multitasking, --- i
could go on...
> Imagine what things
> will be like when we have 10.7.0 running on our G8s!

With the average rate of pace 10.7 will be out in 3 years
With the average rate of processor generation upgrades the G8 will be
out in 7 years, just in time for (X).1. Great, another beta.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html