Re: [NTLK] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 13:19:19 PST

Jared,

You're a good kid and contemplate before you express your thoughts, which
even for a 20-year old male is pretty remarkable. Apple/IBM/Any other
company won't provide what you are looking for, which I think you are
implying is a sole. The colors were part of a marketing effort that combined
with the form factor and other desirables you mentioned allowed you to
connect on a deeper level with it. But think about it this way, when you
were actually using the device, you were interacting on a conscious level
with the OS and the Apps - not the form factor or the color. I'll liken this
to a woman (since I'm a man (( not to diss any non-hetero's))), you are and
this is in general terms, attracted to someone for their looks, the way they
flirt, if you like certain physical features they have etc; at the end of
the day your long-term relationship with that person is not only based on
that but a deeper connection to that person's soul, who they are, what they
stand for, etc. You still appreciate the "cosmetics" but it's the substance
that keeps you, am I getting my point across?

So the can of spray paint wasn't to slam you, it was to push you into some
deeper thought about what it is that you are really looking for from Apple.

Being part of the "Evil Empire" I appreciate all of the efforts that Apple
puts forth, whether they are perfect, nearly perfect or just "what the ????
is that for"? Sometimes you just need to search a little deeper for what is
good and how that will lead to something better, and hey, if painting a Dual
G5 puts a smile on your face, spray away!

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!