Re: [NTLK] [OT] Economics of piracy

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 20:23:16 PST

Rule #11: When walking in open territory, bother no
one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he
does not stop, destroy him.
Rule #4: If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him
cruelly and with out mercy.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net> wrote:
> on 2/24/04 8:51 AM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com
> wrote:
>
> > well, there's just one solution. Have no ethics
> and no
> > conscience! Nothing beats a "eff you..I got mine"
> > attitude!
>
> Of course!!! Let's just shoot Ed in the head because
> he doesn't like Macs!!!
> That goes as well, right? I mean, no ethics allows
> this sort of thing, after
> all.... Who lives closest to Ed?
> --
> -Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
>
> "[D]emocracies have ever been spectacles of
> turbulence and contention; have
> ever been found incompatible with personal security
> or the rights of
> property; and have, in general, been as short in
> their lives as they have
> been violent in their deaths." --James Madison

=====
In 1913, Lee De Forest was prosecuted by U.S. government officials
for claiming to potential investors that his company, RCA, would soon be
able to transmit the human voice over the Atlantic Ocean. The
prosecuting officials argued that his claim was so utterly ridiculous
that he was surely ripping off investors. He was ultimately released
but not before being admonished by the judge to stop making any more
fraudulent claims.