Re: [NTLK] Templars was Re: newtontalk Digest V4 #124

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 23:18:11 PST

on 2/27/04 4:15 PM, Nathan Turnage at nturnage_at_andadv.com wrote:

> I thought the Kinghts of Templar which were to become the Freemasons had
> been destroyed by the Vatican back in the 900s. Did they really work for
> Rome?

Ahhh... Those conspiracy theories, which may or may not exist, all linked
with connections which may or may not exist, and all this fun stuff...

I recommend reading Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum." He discusses these
things with an interesting approach... It's a work of fiction, btw, but in
it, a couple guys start making up some "connections" only to discover that
it seems these connections are real, and the people involved are
serious--deadly serious. Only to discover, in the end, that.... Well, I'll
let you read the book.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland