Re: [NTLK] Grocery list... and other existential questions (

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 00:29:14 PST

on 2/27/04 7:18 PM, Laurent Daudelin at Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
wrote:

> I used to bring my Newton 2100 when I was going at the grocery store without
> any problem. I don't go much often anymore, but I wouldn't hesitate to bring
> it again should I had to do the grocery on a regular basis!

Yeah. It's big enough to prop up in the baby seat, and keep it there... You
will want to have a kid with you to guard it, I suppose, or be willing to
carry it if you have to leave the buggy/trolly/cart. Also, it's a good idea
to double-triple check the same before you get in the car and drive off!!!!
I've done this twice! Luckily, both times, it was still there when I
returned... Also, to scare you further, once, I turned my back on my buggy,
putting my girls in the car, and somebody took the buggy and the Newton...
Never got either back, and lost my coin in the buggy to boot! So, if you do
it, be careful with your Newt. After that fiasco, I had a strap made and
attached to my Newton cases, and now have the ability to carry it over my
shoulder. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland