Re: [NTLK] [OT] Problem acessing email behind firewall

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 20:06:02 PST

on 28/02/04 13:03, Mark Ross at markr13_at_comcast.net wrote:

> Sounds like Mordac, the Preventer of Information Services works at your
> place too!

>>> Have you tried accessing them via the ip address directly - rather
>>> than
>>> using the url?
>>
>> Yep. Victor sent me the IP address of the mail2web server, but it's
>> also
>> blocked. I'm a bit at a loss as to how they did it. I can't imagine
>> they
>> collected all URLs and IP addresses for all free web-based email
>> services...
>>
>> -Laurent.
>> --

Never heard of Mordac, but that must be him!

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.