Re: [NTLK] Emate for school?

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 09:40:41 PST

Yes. Emates include spellcheck. The system is smooth. I recommend it. In fact,
at work I get compliments all the time about my cool laptop. Plus, well, even
great HWR is not perfect. And, I'm left handed. At least digital ink doesn't
smear. However all palmtop UIs are designed for right handers.

All in all, if you like the newt, you'll love the emate. MAKE SURE TO GET THE
SPRING PROBLEM WITH THE LID FIXED: OTHERWISE YOU'LL USE IT THEN ONE DAY BOOM NO
MONITOR BECAUSE OF A SILLY CUT CABLE

My only complaint. P.S. I think this is planned osolescence, teh 5300 had a
similar problem. Why can't apple designe a laptop with a lid where there is no
"connection" issue (the iBook design may "look" good but it is a -bad- design,
fundamentally fragile). To answer my own question, because it is not
profitable.