Re: [NTLK] eMate Motherboard Screw size?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 23:19:44 PST

On 29-feb-04, at 23:58, Aynthem wrote:
> As for the rest, well, the world now has one more hinge-repaired
> Newton! (with another one to follow the next sunny afternoon I have
> off) I consider this a victory, as I never, ever soldered or de-
> soldered anything in my entire life until this afternoon.

Congratulations!
As a side-note though, you can do the hinge repair without any
soldering, either by removing the bit of black tape on the right and
moving the motherboard back and forward while lifting it carefully, or
even without removing the piece of black tape at all, just takes some
more time to figure out the right angle for lifting.
For all that don't feel like soldering this might remove a hurdle to do
the repair...

Robert Benschop