Re: [NTLK] Backing up using NCU

From: Robert Serna (japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 04:44:00 PST

Ok first off if you are using a PC you should be running slowdown, and somtimes several instances
of it if you have a fast system. Also if it stops on "other info" that is soups not packages so they
are not the problem. If you are
running slow down and have it set on the highest setting (and perhaps a few instances of it)
and it still fails. Try installing SBM utilites and run the "Doctor"
, it may find a corrupt soup and fix it.
thanks for the info about "other information"! I found an old backup May 2003 copied it into Backups folder then dock with Newton MP2100 set to serial & NCU set to 38,400 and slowdown Speed set to second to last hash mark & Reaction set to the second hash mark. Connected from Newton side & got connected! this part always works! Then chose backup from Newton side & got the check list & then unchecked other information & checked all the rest! Internal memory was 1644k used & 1879k free with 32 Mb flash memory having 24680k used & 6670k free. After about 1 hour it completed without disconnecting! checked backup & it said that my internal memory was 576k (589,824 bytes) & that my flash
card had 22Mb (23,166,976 bytes) backed up! So is it correct to assume (oh oh) that "other information" was the problem? I really would like to find out if the "other information" takes up the memory that wasn't detected on my new backup? Also I couldn't use SBM because it expired! Any other suggestions to fix "other information"? Thanks for all the help! I'm using Win98se on a Dell Latitude Ls @ 400mz!
sent with a Newton Message Pad 2100

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html