[NTLK] E-mail inbox problem?

From: Seth Hollander (sethhollander_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 11:12:00 PST

This is a weird one, and a little troubling. My e-mail inbox seems to mess
up its pointers, or something like that.

I started using the Newton for e-mail almost a year ago. Some of the
e-mails I've saved refer to Cadenza, and I volunteered to forward the
e-mails to a listmember looking for more information.

When I tapped one of the old Cadenza e-mails, what showed up was the text
of another, unrelated e-mail (a newspsper story; I use the Newt as a poor
man's push system, e-mailing stories of interest from the New York Times
and a local paper to myself for later retreival). When I tapped another of
the old Cadenza e-mails, the same thing happened, even bringing up the same
old newspaper story. The Cadenza e-mails were from 2/4/03, and the
newpaper story was from 3/18/03.

A soft reset restored the e-mails appropriately. But it's happened twice
since then, including happening to some recent e-mails. Again, soft
resets did the trick. FWIW, the old e-mails are stored internally, the
recent e-mails are in a 2 MB card.

Any ideas as to what's happening? Is there any reason why the inbox would
be susceptible to this (I haven't seen the same behavior in any other
programs)?

-Seth

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html