[NTLK] Probably asked a thousand times.

From: Jann Linder (jann_at_jann.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 11:41:01 PST

Hi all! I finally got a 120 from someone on eBay for almost nothing
and I love it! I have it hooked to Panther on an iBook G4 w/a USB to
Serial by IOGEAR (only $19.95--sold at BestBuy)...it was the only
converter I could find that worked with a mac which cost less than the
price of the VERY expensive Keyspan... So, I now have the physical
portion of the connection down pat! The software download portion I am
using Escale 1.0.1...but the Sync does not work--so I tried to download
and use Nsync 0.3m but this is frustrating cos you need to run their
package as a client too and it only runs at the default serial speed
(38400)...no option in Nsync to switch to serail57600 or serial115200.

My main question is this: I need to download and run newtonscript on
the newton without the 'official newton connection kit 1.x or 2.x'
...anyone know of a way which DOES NOT require NOS2.1? I have NOS2.0.

TIA

Jann

Mr. Jann Linder
DinnerBroker