Re: [NTLK] Newbie clarifications needed

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 14:39:55 PST

Hi Oz

On Monday, January 5, 2004, at 04:05 PM, John Osborne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a newbie to to this list but not a Newbie to the Newton per se. I

snip

> 1) connect MP to my existing TCP/IP network (by wire)

I use the 3Com Megahertz 3CXE589ET, works fine, I picked mine up at
a used computer store for $10.

> 2) transfer notes from the MP to various applications in Mac OS X

I use NCU to transfer Newton Works papers in classic, open in
Appleworks 5 then save as RTF. I know it isn't an OS X solution but it
works for me. I acquired an extension, don't know the source, that
allows notes to be moved to Newtworks.

> 3) hook up a small "wand" or bar code scanner and transfer scanned text
> and/or bar codes to Mac

Check the archives, there has been discussion related to this during
the last few weeks.

Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html