Re: [NTLK] OT macworld 04 pix

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 11:57:26 PST

On 8-Jan-04, at 12:38 PM, Nathan Turnage wrote:

> I think this guy is right about almost everything. I still think the
> 4Gb
> iPod should be $149, but people are sheep and everyone loves Apple
> products in fruity flavors, so they will probably sell a ton. Doesn't
> change the fact that they are overpriced. The guy who wrote the article
> is right: it was pointless to pitch supercomputers to a bunch of
> consumers. The supercomputer nonsense should have been pushed at a
> seminar like SIGGRAPH instead, where people need that kind of power
> (and
> can afford it).

Trust me. They are getting every inch out of all the mileage this one
has bought.
Bragging rights are worth something.
And, I'm betting they will make a presentation at one of the various
conferences where this makes sense.
SIGGRAPH might be one.

> This is the second year in a row where StevieJ has pushed this music
> crap. I, for one, don't care about Apple's music prowess. I am an
> artist
> not a musician. This is the 20th anniversary of the Macintosh, and the
> only thing they did to commemorate it was make a rehash of the original
> commercial. That is not thinking differently.

Agreed. I was hoping to see something like the 20th Anniversary
Macintosh for this.

Just taking that older design and updating it with a G5 would have been
nice as it was a very nice looking and functional machine.

Oh well. Have to settle for a farm of iPod mini's I guess

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html