Re: [NTLK] Kinda OT - Anyone willing to program for pay

From: Jeffrey McMurtrie (jeffrey.mcmurtrie_at_rogers.com)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 14:12:23 PST

I know that there are two existing Jabber clients for newton, but they
are lacking in features, and have lots of bugs. I hate having my
conversations lopped into pieces because Newton IM stopped showing the
conversation, and I see value in having a better version of Jabber for
the Newton. I would plan to sell it for around ten dollars Canadian.
I think this is a decent price for the application, and even if my
costs are not all covered there would be a new instant messenger
application for the Newton. If a profit is reached most of the money
will be invested in paying for future Newton development. I believe in
the Newton platform enough to spend a good bit of money. I want to
make the Newton platform more capable, and therefore am willing to risk
money in its development five years after the device was Steved.

Jeffrey McMurtrie

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html