[NTLK] Newton wireless card

From: Nick M. (crystal_castle_at_m6.dion.ne.jp)
Date: Thu Jan 08 2004 - 06:33:30 PST

Hello again all,

I just got a full OMP set off an auction here (in Japan) for $20. Box,
manuals, Apple stickers ( :^) ), extra stylus, etc, etc. I was lucky;
the seller said the unit didn't work. I just plugged in the AC adapter
I had and it was off and running in no time :^)
Anyway, in the set there was an instructional video, and in one of the
scenes, a guy plugs in a Newton wireless card, and I'm guessing- gets
his email/stock quotes/whatever.

Does anyone know anything about what this card was supposed to be? It
looked like a standard WiFi card, but with the rainbow Apple logo on
it. I googled but couldn't find anything, and have read the Newton FAQ
many times over (makes good bedtime reading) but came up empty-handed.

  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

/nickm

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html