Re: [NTLK] OT: Tin-Tin

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 06:29:07 PST

on 09/01/04 08:20, lvr at lvrooy_at_iafrica.com wrote:

> SO OT--
> It's Tin Tin's (I understand it's pronouced Ta Ta (Belgium French?) ) 75th
> anniversary. Anybody care to comment on its endearing popularity?
> Apparently there is quite a bit of celebration in Belgium.
> No, it's not the intention to inquire about Mickey Mouse day, etc., as a
> follow up, it's just that 75 years for a comic strip whose author already
> died in the 60's, is, well, quite a feat.
> EO OT--
>
> Mr Vollkasko, a Newt Tin Tin book somewhere?
>
> Les
> ZAR

It was very popular in Quebec as well. And, it's actually Tintin. With
Milou, the capitaine Haddock, Nestor, la catasfiore, etc., etc.!

I loved it, even to these days!

-Laurent.

Fortrash /for'trash/ n.: Hackerism for the FORTRAN (FORmula TRANslator)
language, referring to its primitive design, gross and irregular syntax,
limited control constructs, and slippery, exception-filled semantics.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html