[NTLK] I need a highway map of Michigan, street maps, etc.

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 09:57:31 PST

Hello:

I am wondering if anybody would be interested in creating some new maps for
use on the Newton. I am hopeful that somebody could create a highway map of
Michigan and perhaps Detroit and Ann Arbor street maps. I would be willing to
pay a few bucks for such a convenience. (Really, I think this is the kind of
stuff that is needed to help show others that the Newton is still a valuable
tool).

I don't have access to all the pretty Apple hardware and software that would
probably make this project a whole lot easier. My regular desktop is an
eMonster 550 PC.
I DO have an old PowerMac 6100 (System 7.6.1)in the basement, but I am
doubtful that I myself could easily get a scanned map image into that thing.

I could probably scan some road maps, reduce their size in Photoshop, and
then save as bitmaps, but I would still need somebody to create the maps from the
image files.

Would anybody out there be willing to help me? Thank you.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html