Re: [NTLK] Newton MAME

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 12:22:11 PST

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:14:08 -0800, Martin Joseph wrote:
> Ohhh, I just had a thought that Eckharts Blunt and a blue tooth phone
> would make a spiffy wireless game pad/controller...
>
> Might as well dream right?

No, sounds like a really neat idea ;) It would require a custom app on
the phone to send keystrokes (probably easy to do), and a "driver" for
the emulator on the Newton. That could be generic or built into the
emulator: It could read keystroke data from the Bluetooth serial port
and post them to whatever application is running, or the emulator could
use a Bluetooth link directly.

If you're really crazy and like using the phone's keypad better than
HWR, you could even try to implement T9 on the Newton...

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html