Re: [NTLK] OT: Windows laptop with AirPort possible?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 13:14:18 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
To: NewtonTalk <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
Date: Saturday, January 10, 2004 11:15 PM
Subject: [NTLK] OT: Windows laptop with AirPort possible?

I got this crappy laptop from work which I need to setup in the event I got
production support to do. It is a Dell Latitude D600 with the Dell
TrueMobile 1300, which is a 802.11b wireless card.

I have an ABS that works fine with my PowerBook, but no matter what I did, I
can't seem to connect the friggin' PC on the network.
Hmm, how about encryption? Check that the keys are set right, or that
perhaps your router does not have encryption and the card is trying to use
it (or vice versa). Or that the card is say 64 bit and your router is 128
encryption. I know that the card/laptop may "see" the network if all the
settings other are right, but won't allow you "on" the network unless the
encryption settings are correct.

I have ran into this before myself, drove me NUTS untill I realize I didn't
enter my encryption key right. Untill that point I had always thought that
you would not see the netowork if encryption was on, but that is not the
case (some cards/networks may differ however). You see the building, just
can't get in the lousy door lol.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html