Re: [NTLK] request for decent arcade games fo the Newton

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 11 2004 - 15:22:34 PST

In a message dated 1/11/2004 4:47:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net writes:

> My initial idea is that I produce a 'MiniMAME' with support for all the
> > games which the Newton would be able to successfully play. This will at
> > least include pretty much all of the 70's/early 80's games and all the
> > favourites will be in there like Pac-man, Galaxians, Space Invaders
> > etc.
> > The footprint of these games is small too (and they'll be zipped). I
> > design mobile phones by day, and the 2100 is still more capable than
> > any
> > of the smartphones, which usually run a 120MHz ARM9 (for the OS) and a
> > 39MHz ARM7 (for GSM etc).
> >

> Gareth

Gareth:

I too am supportive of this idea. While I am not a programmer, I would be
willing to contribute in some way. I am a professional technical writer, and I
have done a variety of technical editing duties in the past. Perhaps I could
contribute in some small way to the Newton software development commuity?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Matt Kowalczyk

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html