Re: [NTLK] Newton Geek Factor

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 10:09:25 PST

David Deranian wrote:
> Hi Everyone-
>
> Here's a quick question for some of you more seasoned Newton users. How
> many of you use your Newton in public places like a retail store? For
> instance, how many of you pull out your Newton in a store to log a
> purchase into PocketMoney while you're still standing at the checkout
> counter?

I use my Newton on the subway quite a bit, if I have some crazy idea that I
have to write down, or I'm tired of GBA games and feel like some Jig! or
Daleks, or even Mahjongg. Mostly though, it's Notes or the Avi's BD scratchpad.

I'll often make a grocery list at home and then have my Newton in the grocery
store and tick off things as I get them.

As a note, when I see people on the subway using a Palm or Wince device I
will try and see what they're doing (without being too obvious of course).
100% of the time they are playing games. Does this mean that no real work
can be done on these devices? </Sarcasm>

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html