[NTLK] eMate sighting in MacStore

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 13:29:24 PST

My local Mac dealer made my day. Went there today in order to get a serial cable. Yes, I did not have one, frightening, must have sold them all away with the last MP130, but I do need one if I want to use the NewtWay which will touch down here soon. They had one, in the biiig deeeep drawer with old stuff behind the counter. I thought I would go for a chuckle and ask the clerk (had not seen him before) whether he still had any Newton accessoires in there. He pulled out a new in the bag interconnect adapter (I thought I got their last one about two years ago) and said "Oh, we just found an eMate the other day while unmessing the place."
I got to touch it *g* but the boss apparently owns it and signaled an avid no-go from his desk when I asked whether it was for sale.
It also turned out that the clerk has a Newton, but did not read Newtontalk anymore, and we got into a little chat about the Newtway, Paul's ATA driver and using the Newt in a WLAN.
Fun!
And I also got the serial cable for a mere 4¤ which seems to be a steal compared to what people take on eBay (usually 1¤ + 6-10¤ for shipping).

Glory days!

Oliver :)

--
Just as i thought...