[NTLK] Indulging in speculation...

From: ANDREW SHOONER (shooner.3_at_osu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 18:21:07 PST

...IF one (or more like a large group of zealous enthusiasts)
were to take it upon themselves to engineer a NEW newton
OS, what would be the general needs/process? How much
prefab. hardware setups could we/would we use(i.e.
pocketpcs?)

I'm not talking about redesigning casings or even hacking the
proprietary OS, but taking the "spirit" of the newton into a
more contemporary setup (Java, linux?) As you might tell i
know next to nothing of the nuts and bolts of the
programming, but it seems with so much opensource going
on around us, we could be able to generate something that
progresses newton along.

Is this even worth daydreaming about, or just crazytalk? Like
I'm sure some of you can relate to, after the macworld expo,
i'm both dissappointed and curious about the possibilities.

-andy s.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html