Re: [NTLK] Connection setting for serial connection

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Jan 12 2004 - 22:18:48 PST

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Jann Linder wrote:

> Is the newton only using MNP-5 or mnp2-4 as well or only a subset of
> them?

Ask me again in a week or two by private mail, I'll dig my exchanges with
Philz & other resources in my hard drive.

> SOMEONE had to write MNP discipine for the serial port for SOMETHING!
> I cannot figure it out.

Apple used their own implementation on MacOS (part of the CommToolbox) and
paid some company for the implementation on Windows. No one usually uses
this since it's done in the fimrware of the modems.

Paul

--
Currently machineless.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html