[NTLK] pdatalk chat launched

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 14:04:15 PST

Hi gang,

since I did not have anything better to do this afternoon
(just kidding), I implemented a chat. There's no link on
my site yet, but it is configured and ready to go.

Since the world of chats is kind of new to me, I haven't
enabled guest login yet. You will have to register.
The form will ask for nickname, password (both of which are
most likely mandatory) and name, email and homepage in addition
to that. I haven't tried yet if either or all of the
last three are mandatory.

It seems that nicknames must be unique across all chats
hosted by my provider. So you can expect that many nicknames
are already taken. Best thing would probably be to add something
like pdatalk as a suffix or prefix to your nickname.

Unless you are working with a machine that allows more than
800 x 600 pixels screen resolution, you should use Opera since
that browser will allow you to scale the page down. At login
the chat software opens a browser window that is larger than
800 x 600 and can't be resized :-((

The chat applet is in German, but there's not much text on it
anyway. Just type away and hit <Return>, there's no send button.

This should work as of now. I will be in this chat starting
11:00 pm German time, this is I think 5:00 pm (East cost USA)
or 2:00 pm (West coast USA).

To register, use this link:

http://pda-soft.de/tinc?key=rzAMgEBb&channel=36179

To enter the chat, use that one:

http://pda-soft.de/tinc?key=sCr86gBC&channel=36179

If anything doesn't work, please do not reply to NewtonTalk
(I am on the digest version), but directly to this address.

Have fun.

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html