Re: [NTLK] MNP specification

From: Eckhart Köppen (eck1001_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 09:15:45 PST

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:44:45 +0100 (CET), Paul Guyot wrote:
> The other open source implementation is by Richard C. L. Li, in UnixNPI,
> but that one is available under GPL and theoretically, it cannot be
> included in your RealBASIC code/plug-in

Why so? If you mean that's not possible because RealBASIC is non-GPL
and does not ship with the OS, then that's not true. We (and many
others) have discussed this at length before and there is even a
relevant FAQ entry for that at the GNU web site:

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WindowsRuntimeAndGPL

To make it short, there is no rule that you cannot use GPL code with a
proprietary compiler, as long as your resulting work is placed under
the GPL as well.

Eckhart

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html