Re: [NTLK] What the heck's a man-bag?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 14:20:15 PST

It's a uni-sex sachel that men use to carry their
necessities in because they don't want wallets and
things rattling in their pockets or causing unsightly
bulges.
Wilsons Leather and Eddie Bauer used to carrying them,
but they are getting more and more difficult to find.
I got in the habit of carrying one because when I was
growing up in Germany, all men carried one. These also
became popular in the IT field to carry all the
gadgets around in an inconspicuous manner. Mostly
though, people use fanny-packs or these new shoulder
slings. You also see Metro-sexuals carrying man-bags
because they want to be cool. Me? I do it because it
works for me! It's smaller than a back-pack and less
stodgy than a briefcase and carries everything I need.
I usually keep my eye out on them and test the pocket
on the Newt to see if it fits. If it is uni-sex in
design I buy it...I have several backups incase I
eventually get to the position where I can't find any
more.
Ed
web/gadget guru