Re: [NTLK] What the heck's a man-bag?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 22:23:54 PST

You know...this is as close as I could find.
Mine is a tan color. but the design is similar but
without the silver tag.
I got mine for about $29. They seem to be
seasonal...because it looks like Wilsons Leather is
out...Eddie Bauer is out...
There does seem, though, to be some at
ebags.com...check the urban section...some stuff from
Diesel
(http://www.ebags.com/diesel/club_n_s_shoulder/product_detail/index.cfm?fuseaction=image&ModelID=16480&view=axlrg&sub_site_ID=20newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>; Fri, 16 Jan 2004 22:25:54 -0800 (PST)
This one looks really nice...

There are also some nice ones from Manhattan
Portage...but you gotta be secure in your
sexuality...I mean...some of these bags are designed
for women...and you'll find some of these bags in the
woman's section of a store...but if you get one that
is generic enough looking, well...you can make it
work....just stay away from obvious female looking
bags (unless you ARE
femail...or...well...um...yeah...uh...you know...like
that kind of thing...)I mean...Hello Kitty pink vinyl
bags aren't going to do it for me. Distressed leather,
or cordura ballistic nylon...with subdued earth tone
colors...yup....that's for me...In fact, I found a
really nice one while driving down the Florida
turnpike this past summer...they have these rest
stop/eatery/wares stands..some selling sunglasses (I
lost my Serengetti's on the plane on the way down) and
one was selling these shoulder bags. I picked up a
black one...$12! mixture of leather and vinyl...but
you can't tell it's not all leather!
Good find...but you have to be on the lookout...
I might be able to get a picture of mine if you would
like...but not this weekend...very busy...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Oliver Isaac <oliver_at_aslannet.org> wrote:
> >> My Newt sits in a stylish "Man-bag" from Wilson's
> >> leather. It has it's own pocket.
>
> Have you Got a picture of it? I would really like
> to see it.

=====
"The only way to get real privacy, is not to collect the information in the first place."
   'Aviel D. Rubin, the
   technical director of the Information Security Institute at Johns
   Hopkins University on the requirement that GPS location systems be added
   to "Fast-pass/EZ-pass" in-car toll devices.