Re: [NTLK] How to secure data? (was Re: Newton Geek Factor)

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 02:13:26 PST

on 1/16/04 7:41 PM, Rhonda Hyslop at 0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net wrote:

> In the owner card, I put the text "reward for return" in the phone
> extension field, and my phone number where it belongs. Then I tell my
> newt to ask for a passcode on reset and if a passcode hasn't been
> entered in 24 hours.

That bit of text in the extension field is fantastic!!! I just did it
because of you! Thanks!

BTW, I forgot to mention in my previous mail on this topic is that my owner
info is also password protected, but I don't remember if that's a part of
the main password feature or not... But in any case, I think it's a good
idea...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland