[NTLK] Fw: How to secure data? (was Re: Newton Geek Factor)

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Jan 17 2004 - 06:41:44 PST

>BTW, I forgot to mention in my previous mail on this topic is that my owner
>info is also password protected, but I don't remember if that's a part of
>the main password feature or not... But in any case, I think it's a good
>idea...

Yes that is a standard part of the Newton OS and yes it is the same
password. Unless you have a package installed that changes that. It is
useful in that someone can't change the owner data without the PIN. If
they manage to get in, they can of course change it. But if you have it set
for 24 hour requests, it keeps someone from changing the owner info before
then.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html